Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Korean food and a New Year's Resolution

Happy New Year!

It's been a while since I've written on this thing! With all the holidays and work going on over the last two months, I've been super busy.

For Thanksgiving I traveled to Vero Beach and stayed at the Costa D'Este resort with my family. We had an amazing Thanksgiving. It was so relaxing being able to look outside the window and see the waves rolling by! I'd recommend the resort to anyone looking for a getaway, even if it's just for a weekend.

I traveled to Utah for the Christmas holidays since that's where most of my family lives. Talk about the polar opposite from my Thanksgiving vacation! It was frigid and snowy there, but I still had a great time. Christmas is my favorite holiday and I love being around my family so it made the cold more bearable.

Although I had a great time in Utah, I was seriously craving some grub from my old food spots back home in Tampa.

After seeing a post from a local fashion blogger about Sa Ri One, a local Korean restaurant, I decided just had to see what all the fuss was about. I've never had Korean food before and wanted to try something new before the year was over. So off we went, not really knowing what to expect but hoping to be pleasantly surprised!


When we got to the restaurant, the first thing I noticed was that it looked really small. It seemed like there were only five or six tables for the whole restaurant and I started to get worried, but my fears dissipated when the hostess took us to another part of the restaurant and sat us immediately. Whew!

I decided on the chicken bulgogi and my boyfriend decided on the beef bulgogi.

One word: wow. The meat was tender and flavorful and the bulgogi tasted unlike anything else I had ever tried, well, ever. Our entrees also came with six sides, so there was plenty of food to go around. The bulgogi had onions and the perfect amount of seasoning and spice. My mouth is watering right now just writing this!

The beef bulgogi was also pretty delicious, but both my boyfriend and I agreed that the chicken bulgogi was a slam dunk. I'm definitely going to try to come back to Sa Ri One for their lunch specials and try some of their other dishes, but color me impressed on this one.


Since it's the new year, I've decided that this year I really want to start doing more things for myself. I'd really like to start learning some programming skills to add to my resume since I already have a good deal of communications experience already. On top of that, I want to get back into graphic design, something I've been doing since I was in high school. I love being creative and really want to express myself, so hopefully that's what I can accomplish in 2014. 


Do you believe in "New Year's resolutions? If so, what are yours for 2014? Let me know in the comments! 

No comments:

Post a Comment