Thursday, March 13, 2014

Sarasota Half Marathon -- I'm going in!

Hi everyone!

The last time I posted I had just finished running the ZooZoom at the Lowry Park Zoo. I was so excited after running the race that I ran 8 miles last week and then another 8 two days later. This was inevitably a mistake because my left calf became incredibly sore, like an achilles pain.

I immediately freaked out and took a few days off. I bought some compression socks, started icing my leg and bought a rolling pin (low budget roller, you guys) to roll my calf out. I did not run for 6 days which put a damper on my running ambitions.

After three days of icing/rolling my leg/compression, my leg started to feel better which was great considering I signed up for half marathon #2 -- the First Watch Sarasota Half Marathon!

I'll be running this half on Sunday and have to admit I am somewhat nervous because I haven't trained a ton. I did run the Disney Princess half three weeks ago so I guess I am not totally lazy. I just want to finish in a decent time. Not looking to break a PR here, especially after that calf pain.

It will also help that one of these will be waiting for me at the finish line:
YES. RACE BLING!



The course is supposed to be beautiful -- running over the bridge and seeing the water will be really nice! Unfortunately the race starts at 7 a.m. which means I am going to have to wake up and drive to Sarasota early, so I am praying I arrive safely (I hate driving, a lot).

But all things aside, I'm really looking forward to this race and snagging a medal at the end. I can't believe I'll be doing another 13.1, but after about mile 10 things don't seem too bad.

I'll have a full race recap after I get back!


No comments:

Post a Comment