Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Trader Joe's Comes to Tampa

Over the last few months I had heard a lot about this little grocery store called Trader Joe's.  My sister raved about the great prices and the awesome organic selection at this store. Over the holidays, she even let me try a peppermint flavored Oreo-style cookie from Trader Joe's. I fell in love at first bite.

So when I heard a Trader Joe's was going to open up nearby in Tampa, I was pretty excited and also curious to see if the store really lived up to the hype. After surveying my Facebook friends, I decided to venture to Trader Joe's yesterday. 

The store opened up on Friday, March 21, so I was expecting it to be pretty busy. However, I am a huge early bird and usually get my workout done in the morning around 8 a.m., which is right around the time the store opens. On a typical rainy Florida day (Sunshine State? Yeah right!) I pulled into the Trader Joe's parking lot, found a spot, and headed in! Easy peasy. 

Welcome sign

Beautiful, inexpensive flowers (hint hint, gentlemen)


The produce here looked awesome and almost all of it was very inexpensive. Baby spinach, which runs around $3-$3.50 at Publix, was only $1.99. And it was organic! Score.

Great prices

Yummy treats! Those donuts...

I love this stuff...only $3!


The store was allowing people to sample their famous cookie butter, both the creamy kind and the crunchy kind. This was it. My first time trying cookie butter.

Cookie butter sample cups


I tried the creamy kind at first. Pretty good, interesting consistency. Then I tried the crunchy kind and was blown away. Same texture as the creamy kind (almost like peanut butter, but smoother) but with bits of crunchy gingerbread in it! Heaven.


Of course I got a jar!

Cookie butter shrine


The checkout aisles are named after big streets in South Tampa. So cute.



I loved my experience at Trader Joe's and definitely anticipate more trips in the future. Organic foods at awesome prices? Yes, please. I'm officially a Trader Joe's convert!

Have you been to a Trader Joe's before? What are your favorite things to buy from the store? 

No comments:

Post a Comment